Unforgettable Family Trip To Merlion Park
The major attraction of Merlion Park is the statue of Merlion – half lion and half fish (resembling a mermaid) with flowing water from its mouth which also happens to be an important feng shui symbol. Merlion Park is located much in the city center and lodges many restaurants, souvenir shops, and cafes in its close proximity. The Merlion Park is a part of the city and thus is open for 24 hours with free entry to all however, the most surge in the crowd happens during the evening time starting from the sunset and after when live bands and sound shows ring the bells.
Category: Park, art and culture
Address: 1 Fullerton Rd, Singapore
Postal Code: 049213
The time you can spend here
Merlion Park to Gardens by Bay is a 20-minutes walk and these two places together can be covered in 1-2 hours.
Sunday: 10.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Monday: 10.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Tuesday: 10.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Thursday: 10.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Friday: 10.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Saturday: 10.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
The park is open for 24 hours for all but the official hours to visit are mentioned above.
Things You Must See
- Gardens by the Bay
- Merlion Statue
- Marina Bay
- Helix Bridge
Entry to Merlion Park is free.
How to reach
The nearest bus station is the Fullerton square is 20 minutes away at a distance of 2 kilometers and a one-way bus ride to the Merlion Park usually costs $1-$4.
Travelers can book malaysia airlines reservations from their place to the nearest Changi Airport is 20 kilometers away from Merlion Park taking 1.5 hours to reach and airfare are also very cheap. Cabs from the airport to the park take around $29-$35.
Tips for visitors
- It would be considered a crime to miss the amazing sunset from the Marina Bay.
- Leave with a good sunscreen on as Singapore is pretty hot during the day.
- Don’t miss the sound show portrayed with laser technology at Merlion Park that takes place almost every day in the evening.
- Live bands also perform at the Merlion Park that often takes place during the special events.
- Night-time gives the best view of the Merlion Park’s urban panorama along with the Marina Bay at the side and lesser heat waves.
- From May to September, many Singaporean festivals are held in the park, like Singapore’s food festival and Singapore Grand Prix.
- The best time to visit Merlion Park is during the aforementioned months.
- Do not plan your trip from October to January as these are the months of intermittent showers in Singapore.
Attraction Write Up
The proximity to the waterfront Marina Bay gives an excellent charm to the pictures. Visitors also get a chance to explore the beautiful Bay in relaxing cruises and bumboats which indeed accounts for an enchanting memory, keeping the skyline of the city in the background. The best activity as deemed by most travelers is to watch the sunset chilling at the waterfront. The live band concerts at the Park and sound show fitted with laser technology are worth experiencing at least once in a lifetime.
Being in the city center, Merlion Park is close to other important sightseeing spots in the city among which the most visited are the Helix Bridge, Chinatown, Amphitheater, Universal Studios, and Gardens by the Bay. Most people might be already familiar with the beautiful shots offered by the Gardens by the Bay.
Gardens by the Bay is only 20-minutes away from Merlion Park by walking and should not be missed by any chance if you are planning to visit Merlion Park. So, start planning for your next trip and book delta airlines reservations to the nearest Changi Airport from your city at very affordable rates. Book now and get ready to explore this awesome place on your own and create some amazing picturesque.